*** 33rd Annual Edition ***
Everything is new AGAIN! For 2019 tax returns, the IRS has changed Form 1040 and all of the new schedules have been changed from six schedules to three schedules. There is also new form that is required to claim the Pass Through deduction.
A comprehensive guide to assist priests in preparing their Federal Income Taxes in the easiest, most accurate and cost effective way. Order now! [Click on the book cover to the right or scroll down and click on the ‘order’ buttons below.]
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is the most significant tax reform legislation in over 30 years! In addition, there have been hundreds of regulation and rules changes enacted by the IRS since the passage of the new tax law.
There are many changes, including but not limited to:
- The 2019 Form 1040 is now longer than the 2018 form by nearly two inches per side.
- Three new Schedules replace the six schedules that were new last year.
- Standard Deductions have been increased
- The Qualified Business Income Deduction (Pass Through) now requires a new form.
- Unreimbursed employee expenses have been eliminated as deductions
- Itemized Deductions have changed and some have new limits
- New tax brackets at the lower tax rates have been updated for inflation with many other updated figures.
- Option for State Sales Tax deduction
- Deduction for clergy teacher expenses
- Higher limits for retirement savings credit
- Tax free distributions directly from IRA’s to charities
- Special tax treatment for housing and food (with conditions)
- More changes and features included in this year’s edition.
Highlights of contents
- Recent changes to tax laws applicable to priests
- The unique tax reporting requirements for priests based on their dual status of:
- Self-employed for Social Security tax purposes, and
- Taxed as employees for Federal income tax purposes
- Tax deductions common to priests
- Salary and allowances common to priests and the tax consequences of each
- Retirement savings options and the tax benefits of each
- Administrative procedures assisting the parish bookkeeper in reporting requirements
- Time and tax-saving techniques
- Current year sample tax returns.